CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
East Tower Security Systems Ltd (registered as a limited company in England and Wales under company number: 9365459 ) takes its obligations with regards to data protection seriously. As such, we are providing this notice (“Privacy Notice”) to you so you are provided with information about how East Tower Security Systems Ltd collects and processes your personal data. Please read this Privacy Notice, as it contains important information that you need to know.
East Tower Security Systems Ltd is a specialist contractor of electronic security systems.
Why and for what purposes do we need your personal data?
East Tower Security Systems Ltd processes your personal data for a number of reasons, including;
- To respond and/or deal with your requests/enquiries
- To make an appointment with you regarding a visit to your property
- For internal record keeping
- To provide our products and services to you as requested or agreed
- To help us review and improve the products and services we offer
- To provide you with details of our products and services from time to time, such as relevant offers through direct marketing, including by post, telephone, email or as otherwise agreed with you.
- To communicate with you accordingly, including to support you with specific system support, such as notifying you about changes to our services, any issues with them, and/or to otherwise communicate with you, for example, to respond to enquiries from you
- To process and retain personal data relating to your credit/debit card or bank account details and order details, in order for us to complete your order and to deal with any payments, sales proceeds or refunds of payment
- To remind you about important dates, such as service due dates and warranty expiry dates
- To contact you from time to time to ensure your details that are on record are correct and up to date in order to ensure we have your up to date preferences for marketing and contact
- To carry out security checks to protect against fraudulent transactions following any purchase/order you make to prevent and detect criminal activities. For example, we may undertake verification checks to identify any discrepancies with your payment details for fraud prevention and staff training purposes
Subject to applicable laws, East Tower Security Systems Ltd may also process Personal Data for other legitimate business purposes including management analysis, audits, financial forecasts, business planning and transactions, ensuring its compliance with applicable laws, regulatory requirements and East Tower Security Systems Ltd policies, and dealing with complaints, legal claims, record retention obligations and other related administrative activities. East Tower Security Systems Ltd may also use Personal Data to establish or exercise its legal rights and to comply with law enforcement or other government agency requests or court orders.
What do we collect and process?
In order for East Tower Security Systems Ltd to provide its services and products to you, it is necessary for us to collect, maintain and process personal data about prospective and/or existing customers. “Personal Data” is information which relates to you and (either on its own or in combination with other information East Tower Security Systems Ltd holds) allows East Tower Security Systems Ltd to identify an individual prospective and/or existing customer and this enables us to provide our services and products, or details of them, to you.
The Personal Data which we process may include the following;
- Your full name and contact information (address, city, postcode, email address and telephone number
- Your work address and contact details
- Details of your enquiry, interest or preference(s) about our services or products, such as system(s) installs, maintenance contracts and security and/or multiroom products.
- Records of calls, emails, correspondence with you and of visits to your property, in relation to such enquiries and outcome(s).
- Your image, actions and location if you are recorded on CCTV which we may operate in and around our offices and sites.
- In the event that you take out maintenance with monitoring, we may take information including your full name, address, contact telephone number and email
- In the event that you have a system installed, we may record what system(s) it is, what brand products were used, product(s) locations and part numbers
- Date of any purchases made by you, including any prices and payment (including bank account, cheques and/or credit and debit card) details
- Date of any refunds issued to you including bank account, cheques and/or credit and debit card details
- With consent, proof of address such as a utility bill or bank statement details.
- Details about any marketing consents and marketing preferences
- Customer feedback and survey results
Personal Data will be collected from you directly. Please note that you are under no obligation to provide East Tower Security Systems Ltd with your Personal Data, but not providing such data when requested could prevent East Tower Security Systems Ltd from being able to help you, from providing information or services and /or products to you as requested and from fulfilling your order.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
Your personal information may be made available to third parties providing relevant services under contract to East Tower Security Systems Ltd, such as those listed below. These companies may use the information on our behalf in accordance with the services we have requested and contract terms imposed. We may also disclose specific information upon lawful request by government authorities, law enforcement and regulatory authorities where required or permitted by law and for tax or other purposes.
Your data may be shared with the following;
- Banks to process a refund.
- Monitoring companies for alarm monitoring purposes.
- Police Authorities (various areas) for confirmed alarm signals and where police attendance is required.
- SSAIB to certify the system(s) installed.
- Our subcontractors for calls outs and risk assessments.
- Worldpay to process card payments and issue refunds
- Our suppliers to send products directly to customers addresses.
What choices do East Tower Security Systems Ltd offer you with regards to direct marketing?
East Tower Security Systems Ltd may wish to provide you with information about products, services, promotions and offers, which may be of interest to you and we may request feedback on our services. This communication may occur by email, telephone, post or SMS.
We will obtain your consent to such marketing and details about your marketing preferences and advise you how to opt-out of receiving such communications where we are required to do so in accordance with applicable law.
You may opt-out of direct marketing from East Tower Security Systems Ltd by contacting us as follows;
Emailing customer services at email@example.com
Writing to us at East Tower Security Systems Ltd, 8 The Stables, Buckhurst Hill, Essex, IG9 5RQ
Call us on 020 8505 4162
This will allow you to opt-out of marketing, telephone and email communications and/or change previously submitted preferences
What rights do you have to review and amend personal data?
You have the right to review your personal information held by East Tower Security Systems Ltd and have certain inaccurate information about you corrected. Under UK law, a request for access to your personal data needs to be in writing and accompanied by the statutory fee (£10).
If you wish to do so or to contact East Tower Security Systems Ltd in respect of its data processing activities, please contact Customer Services, East Tower Security Systems Ltd, 8 The Stables, Buckhurst Hill, Essex, IG9 5RQ
Keeping you informed
East Tower Security Systems Ltd may keep your details on record for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and will endeavour to delete your details in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.
Changes to this policy
East Tower Security Systems Ltd may change this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law and/or its privacy practices.
If required to do so by law, East Tower Security Systems Ltd will provide you with a new and/or updated Privacy Notice detailing how the use of your Personal Data is changing. If necessary, we will obtain our consent for further processing.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at;
Customer Services, East Tower Security Systems Ltd, 8 The Stables, Buckhurst Hill, Essex, IG9 5RQ
Does your property require a security system?
Give the experts at easttower security systems today on 020 8505 4162